Enter model number to find the articles related product applications, FAQ and user experience..
Background & Scenario:
PoE is a technology that carries electrical power through an Ethernet cable to turn on end devices, like; AP, IP camera and VOIP phone.
This scenario inform users how to configure PoE schedule.
As you can see in the picture, the department store has APs and IP cameras installed in the network environment. The task is to configure PoE schedule as below:
IP camera: always powered on for surveillance security service.
AP: only turns on between 8:00~21:00 on weekdays, and 8:00~22:00 on weekends.
1. Access to Nebula WEB portal.
2. Go to Switch > Configure > PoE schedules, then click on “Add” button.
3. Firstly, create a profile named "IP Camera" for the IP camera. Use schedule template “Always on”, to allow NCC to enable PoE at all time. Afterwards, click the “Add” button.
4. Click the “Add” button again to create the second PoE schedule for the APs.
5. Create a second profile named "MAP303" for the NAP. The “on” button should be enabled (default). Modify the time between 8:00~21:00 on weekdays and 8:00~22:00 on weekends, then click the “Update” button.
Note: Changing the availability to “off” will change the PoE schedule time upside down. It means that the switch will provide power in the highlighted part, as figure below:
6. After creating the profiles, click the “Save” button to apply the configuration.
7. Now, we need to apply the profile to a port. Go to Switch > Configure > Switch port, check the port 1~5 for the IP camera, then click the “Edit” button.
8. Choose the profile “IP camera” in the PoE schedule, and then click on “Update” button to apply the settings.
9. Check the port 6~10 for the NAPs, then click “Edit” button.
10. Choose the profile NAP303 in the PoE schedule, and then click on “Update” button to apply the settings.
1. Go to Switch > Configure > PoE schedules, you will see that the profile name was already applied to 5 ports. You may click the “5” button.
2. It will redirect you to the switch port settings page filtered with the profile name “IP camera”, and it will show you which ports are using this profile.
IP camera profile:
Still have trouble with your device? Contact Zyxel technology support team directly!Contact Zyxel Support