Enter model number to find the articles related product applications, FAQ and user experience..
The communication between PC and power line device is using the HomePlug av protocol, and it is defined as Ethernet 0x88E1.
Symantec Endpoint Protection(SEP) isa virus and firewall protection tool to monitor block some of protocol to prevent PC from attack.
Therefore, the next steps will show how to add the new firewall rule to allow HomePlug AV protocol in order to manage PLA devices on a PC through PLA utility.
1. Open Symantic Endpoint Protection utility and click the "Option" button of "Network and Host Exploit Mitigation" .
2. Choose "Configure Firewall Rules...".
3. Click "Add".
4. Add name and change "Action" to "Allow this traffic".
5. Select the protocol to "Ethernet" and add "0x88E1" into Ethernet type textbox, then click "OK"
6. Check the new rule is done, then click OK.
After the new firewall rule is added, then PC can see and management the PLA device though PLA utility as below:
Through Wireshark, we can see the packet of HomePlug AV being captured as below:
Still have trouble with your device? Contact Zyxel technology support team directly!Contact Zyxel Support