Enter model number to find the articles related product applications, FAQ and user experience..
There are two ways to backup your Zyxel switch's running configurations to a TFTP server:
- Use the CLI command "copy running-config tftp <IP address> <file name>"
- Using SNMP service
The following describes how to backup your switch configuration by using an SNMP server.
*This feature is limited to Zyxel Managed or Enterprise switches only.
1. Make sure that your switch can ping your TFTP server's IP address.
2. Download the MIB library of your Zyxel switch. This is usually included in the switch's firmware package.
3. Upload "ZYXEL-SYSTEM-MGMT-MIB.mib" to your SNMP server's library.
4. Look for OID "zySysMgmtTftpServiceIpAddress" and enter your TFTP server's IP address in the SNMP SET section.
5. Look for OID "zySysMgmtTftpRemoteFileName" and the filename for your backup configurations in the SNMP SET section.
6. Look for OID "zySysMgmtTftpAction" and change the integer value to "1" in the SNMP SET section. This will initiate the backup configuration file transfer to the TFTP server.
Check your TFTP server's logs. There should be a successful file transfer event.
Still have trouble with your device? Contact Zyxel technology support team directly!Contact Zyxel Support