Enter model number to find the articles related product applications, FAQ and user experience..
A network administrator needs to configure the ZyXEL switch so that a server can send traffic but cannot receive any.
The proposed solution is to create another VLAN for this server, while forbidding the traffic of the hosts' VLAN fromgoing to the server.
1. Access the Web GUI of the ZyXE switch.
2. Go to Advance Application > VLAN > VLAN Configuration > Static VLAN Setup.
3. Create the following VLANs:
Port 1-3, 20: "Fixed", uncheck "Tx Tagging".
Port 1-3: "Fixed", uncheck "Tx Tagging".
Port 20: "Forbidden".
4. Go to Advance Application > VLAN > VLAN Configuration > VLAN Port Setup.
Port 1-3: PVID 20
Port 20: PVID 10
1. Access the web GUI of the ZyXEL switch.
2. Go to Port Status > Port 20.
3. The Tx packets should be zero.
4. The Rx packets should be increasing.
Still have trouble with your device? Contact Zyxel technology support team directly!Contact Zyxel Support