Enter model number to find the articles related product applications, FAQ and user experience..
When opening Windows Firewall and using web authentication to control wireless Internet access privileges, why can’t users send/receive mail through IE or Outlook, but they can ping the external network?
It should be due to an ICMP redirect blocked by the Windows firewall. Thus, there is no problem but users cannot open web pages.
Therefore, users need to create a new firewall rule and allow ICMP to redirect the Windows firewall.
1. Go to the Windows Firewall and select Advanced settings.
2. Click a New Rule under Inbound Rules.
3. Select Custom for the rule type of the firewall rule.
4.Specify the program.
5. Select the ICMPv4 protocol type.
6. Check the Redirect option.
7. Specify all IP addresses to which this rule applies.
Still have trouble with your device? Contact Zyxel technology support team directly!Contact Zyxel Support