Enter model number to find the articles related product applications, FAQ and user experience..
How to build up a VPN tunnel between NBG5715 and ShrewSoft VPN Client?
NBG5715 with static IP
ShrewSoft VPN Client with dynamic IP
Topology: IPSec VPN client user ----------------- Internet -------------------- NBG5715
1. Confirm your NBG5715 Network information.
2. Go Configuration -> Security -> IPSec VPN ->Edit
3. Enter your VPN information and type "0.0.0.0" in Remote Address and Secure Gateway Address.
4. Choosing your Algorithm and remember to change MODE to "Aggressive", then Apply.
ShrewSoft VPN Client Step:
1. Create a New Tunnel.
2. Enter Remote Address and select "Use an existing adapter and current address".
3.Disable Client Login Banner.
4. Change Authentication Method to Mutual PSK and enter local and remote ID and Pre Shared Key.
5. Configure Phase 1 and Phase, then select Exchange Type as "aggressive".
6. Add remote subnet, and then save.
7. Click Connect, and the tunnel will be established success fully.
Confirm the local address is different from NBG5715.
If the tunnel is disabled, we can't ping the NBG5715 gateway IP address: 192.168.1.1.
But when the tunnel is enable, we can ping the gateway..
Still have trouble with your device? Contact Zyxel technology support team directly!Contact Zyxel Support