Enter model number to find the articles related product applications, FAQ and user experience..
Why does the NWD2205 have low throughput when connected to the P-661HNU-F1?
There are two steps to check.
1. Login to P-661HNU-F1 webGUI.
2. Set up P-661HNU-F1 security mode as "WPA-PSK"
3. NWD2205 is connected to the P-661HNU-F1 using "WPA-PSK".
4. Make sure that the NWD2205 has already connected to the P-661HNU-F1.
1. Change P-661HNU-F1 security as "WPA2-PSK"
2. The NWD2205 is connected to the P-661HNU-F1 with "WPA2-PSK".
3. Make sure that the NWD2205 has already connect to the P-661HNU-F1.
Based on test results, we could see the difference. Please refer to the information below regarding the security settings and throughput.
Use WPA2 Personal or Encryption Only
The wireless N standard does not support WEP, so connections using this type of encryption will be limited to wireless G at 54Mbps, even when using N gear.
Plus, the first WPA version does not even provide maximum wireless performance on N networks. Therefore, you should use WPA2 (with AES) personal or enterprise encryption.
If you still have a very old adapter that supports only WEP encryption, check on the manufacturer's website for any driver updates, and make sure that Windows is up-to-date.
If this does not help, you should trade it for a new wireless card.
To change the encryption settings, logon to the router's configuration utility by typing its IP address into a browser.
The default IP address and the password should be listed in the documentation, if needed. Then find the wireless settings and change the encryption type.
Reference material from:
Still have trouble with your device? Contact Zyxel technology support team directly!Contact Zyxel Support