Enter model number to find the articles related product applications, FAQ and user experience..
ZyXEL’s new 1910 series switches support 802.1x dynamic VLAN assignment, what configuration should be done in order to use this function?
1. Configure a VLAN for testing; assign its membership to 2 ports. VLAN 10 is used as an example here.
2. Assign the VLAN’s PVID to only 1 of the ports which were selected as the members in step1.
3. Enable AAA in Configuration->Security->AAA
Type the IP-Address of the RADIUS server and shared-secret.
4. Enable 802.1X Port-Authentication in Configuration->Security->Network->NAS
Set the Mode to Enabled, and check the “RADIUS-Assigned VLAN Enabled” box.
5. Scroll down to the Port Configuration part; enable 802.1X by selecting “Single 802.1X” on the Port which was not assigned a PVID in Step 2. Also check the “RADIUS-Assigned VLAN Enabled” box.
6. On the RADIUS Server, add the following attributes in order to give VLAN tag to the client when it is successfully authenticated:
Tunnel-Private-Group-ID: VLAN ID, example: 10.
Connect to the ports which were configured for testing, your device should be able to communicate with the other ports after the client passes the authentication.
Still have trouble with your device? Contact Zyxel technology support team directly!Contact Zyxel Support